S.O.S. Ticketing Guide
In order to streamline support requests and better serve you, we've implemented a support ticket system. Every support request is assigned a unique ticket number which you can use to track the progress and responses online. For your reference we provide complete archives and history of all your support requests. A valid email address is all you need to submit a ticket.
You can submit tickets to report problems, ask questions, and request new hardware or support for a new piece of software you'd like to use.
To start, go to support.sos1994.com and click on the green "Open a New Ticket" button, and you'll reach a page like this:
For categories, the two you'll most likely be using are "Report a Problem" (for issues with software or hardware that is preventing workflow) or "Request" (if you need us to look into making changes to software, add software, or you'd like to purchase a new PC or replace an existing one).
Fill out your email and give a name and if you'd like to give a number to best reach you feel free, otherwise we'll use the number we have on file for the office.
For Ticket Details, please be as descriptive as possible! The summary should specify the program and/or computer that's having the issue, and the details should include everything that you know about the problem, such as:
- What you were doing or trying to do at the time
- Any error messages that pop up
- Whether it's happening on a single pc or multiple
- Let us know if we can remote into the PC that's having issues and describe which machine it is/where it's located
- If possible, attach screenshots of the error messages (click start, start typing snipping tool, save screenshot and attach that as you would an email attachment by clicking the Choose File button)
Please leave Asset Type, Type, and SubType as-is; we will apply those internally after the ticket is created.
Once the ticket is created we will be notified immediately. Someone from SOS will respond as soon possible to let you know we've received the ticket and will be looking into it.